Kentucky Members and Chapters Named as National Finalists by National FFA Organization
National FFA released results and finalists for National Star, Proficiency, Agriscience, and National Chapter Awards on August 1. Congratulations to all of our finalists from Kentucky!
Blake Quiggins of Hart County FFA was named one of four National Finalists for the Star in Agribusiness Award. This recognition is based on Blake’s development of a successful livestock fitting business as well as a livestock supply business. He will complete interviews at the National FFA Convention in October for a chance to be named the National Star in Agribusiness- one of the organization’s highest awards!
Five Kentucky members were selected as National Proficiency Finalists. They are:
- Joshua Griffin- Western Hills- Agricultural Mechanics Repair and Maintenance Entrepreneurship
- Hallie Griffiths- Green County- Dairy Production Placement
- Augustus Holt- LaRue County- Forest Management and Products
- Hunter Jackson- Lyon County- Specialty Crop Production
- Claire Vance- Hart County- Veterinary Science
Agriscience Fair Finalists
- Animal Systems Division 2- Colton Dawson and Jordan Arnett- Montgomery County
- Environmental Systems Division 2- Andrea Newland and Anna Fraley- Fayette County Middle Schools
- Food Products Division 2- Jasmine Barnes and Nathan Miracle- Fayette County Middle Schools
- Plant Systems Division 2- Briana Bentley and Alexis Little- Royal Spring Middle School
- Plant Systems Division 4- Logan Peters and Josie Kurtz- Spencer County
- Power Structural and Technical Systems Division 4- Jacie Morton and Larissa Arnold- Montgomery County
- Social Systems Division 2- Avery Barnes and Karley Furnish- Harrison County
National Chapter Awards
- Boyle County FFA was named a National Model of Innovation Finalist in the area of Growing Leaders.
- Bourbon County, Boyle County, Locust Trace, Madisonville North, Graves County, Marion County, Spencer County, Taylor County, and Trimble County were named National 3 Star Chapters!
- Caldwell County, Scott County, Harrison County, Henry County, LaRue County, Union County, and Seneca were named National 2 Star Chapters!
Agriscience Fair results are located on the Agriscience Fair webpage at: https://www.FFA.org/participate/awards/agriscience-fair
National Chapter results are located on the National Chapter Award webpage at: https://www.FFA.org/participate/awards/national-chapter
Agricultural Proficiency Awards results are located on the Proficiency Awards: https://www.ffa.org/participate/awards/proficiencies