Kentucky FFA Shark Tank
FFA Shark Tank
Kentucky FFA Agriculture Venture Capital Grants
Provided by a generous donation from Dr. Mark & Cindy Lynn
Are you a Kentucky FFA member with a great agribusiness idea?
What could $5,000 do to make your dreams happen?
The Kentucky FFA Agriculture Venture Capital Grants are for young agriculture entrepreneurs that have a great start up idea and are seeking funding. Students may receive up to $5,000 in “venture capital”, an investment in their project that they do not have to pay back.
- The contest is open to all Kentucky FFA members in grades 9-11. Graduating seniors are not eligible.
- Students will complete a 4-6 minute video about their business plan. The video should be developed as proposal for potential investors.
- Students should have a developed SAE plan. This should be a realistic agribusiness idea. It may already be an established project, but can also be an idea yet to be implemented. Business ideas must be affiliated with a Supervised Agricultural Experience Program.
- Each FFA Chapter may submit ONE video. A local contest should be held to determine the best project.
- Students must be in good academic standing and have a letter of reference from ONE of the following: agriculture teacher, client/customer or community member.
- Videos should be uploaded to YouTube and the link submitted to email@example.com by May 15th along with a one page executive summary that includes the following:
- Student Name, Chapter, Grade
- Description & Analysis of Business
- Financing Needs & how $5,000 Investment would be spent
Videos submitted will be judged by a panel of judges and finalists will present to the the Kentucky FFA Foundation Board during State FFA Convention.